Here’s How It Works
Zolvit simplifies the registration process for US trademarks by offering a three-step process. Register a US trademark from anywhere in the world.
Get in touch and provide all the information
We will run a TM search to see if it's available
We will prepare a trademark application
Post approval, our US attorney files your application.
We will support through all the process
Here’s What You’ll Need
You can protect your business from imitation by registering your trademark. Zolvit uses best-in-industry security protocols to protect your documents.
In the beginning, all we need from you is the following information
The applicant's address
The mark's details
Sample or drawing of the intended mark (video clip or audio files if it is a sound mark)
Type of business and objectives.
Why Should I Use Zolvit for Trademark Assignment?
We Register a New Company Every 9 Minutes
All Financial Services in One Place
Quick & Affordable
Nominal rates, great turnaround time
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
Have you got an idea for a new product? Maybe you already own one? Zolvit may be able to help you register it!
Did you know?
Registration of a trademark in the USA provides legal protection for ten years from the date of its certification. Upon ten years, if the owner wishes to continue to operate it unbroken, further charges must be paid to the USA Ministry of Economy.
Since colonial times, state common law has protected trademarks, but Congress did not create a federal trademark regime until 1870. According to the Lanham Act, the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) regulates trademark registration.
Is there a time frame for the trademark registration approval?
What type of trademarks can be registered easily?
Which type of trademarks is not generally registered?
What types of trademarks can be registered in the United States?
Do I need to present a periodic statement of use?
How can I enforce my trademark in the US?
Overview - An Overview of US Trademark Registration
In today's business world, it is increasingly necessary to register your Intellectual Property. Trademarks are represented by words, phrases, or logos that indicate the supply of goods and services in the USA. The Lanham Act governs trademark law in the United States. Trademark rights are mechanically collected when a business uses a name or logo in commerce, and they are enforceable in state courts. In law, material possession is sometimes protected by patents, copyrights, and trademarks, so its owners can gain recognition or financial benefits from what they make. The information processing system cultivates an environment where creativity and innovation can flourish by balancing the interests of innovators and the community.
Registration of trademarks in the USA and their administration at the federal level are governed by the United States Patent and Trademark workplace (USPTO). In addition, each state conducts its own trademark registration for companies based on limited geography and does not need the additional protection offered by the federal registration.
Checklist - Checklist for US Trademark Registration
Any individual or business can apply for a trademark, including:
- Annual returns need to be filed with the Registrar of Companies.
- Annual reports must be submitted in the LLP Form 11 format.
- Returns need to be filed within 60 days from the close of the financial year, or the 30th of May of each year.
- Even if there is no business activity, every registered LLP must comply with the LLP annual compliance.
Documents Required for US Trademark Registration
- Form for application
- Applicant's I.D. and address proof
- A copy of the certificate of incorporation for the business or company
- Power of attorney letter
- A print and digital version of the proposed Trademark
- A copy of the applicant's passport.
Process - US Trademark Registration Process
The federal and state registration within the USA relies on:
- First-to-Use System: It refers to the rights of the first person to use a mark for business purposes. Under this technique, the protection isn't very robust
- Intent-to-Use System: Under this application, the mark should be used within five years of filing. However, there will be a couple of privileges attached to this,
- It is not registration that generates rights and priority in the United States, but rather the precise use of a designation as a mark. Therefore, trademark ownership goes to the 'first-to-use', not the 'first-to-file'.
Why Zolvit? - US Trademark Registration With Zolvit
Here is why you should choose Zolvit for US trademark registration:
- The USPTO directory is thoroughly searched by us
- You will be guided by our experts as to which classes you should apply under
- The application is filled out and filed by us
- Throughout the registration process, we keep you updated
- We provide the best support throughout the process and answer all your questions.